Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seven Years-Part 3

For once Mr. Anderson’s talks were not putting me off to sleep. I wouldn’t say I could comprehend everything he said. Okay honestly, none of it was making sense as usual. And this time it was not because he talked in too technical terms but it was because I wasn’t paying any attention. I couldn’t wait to get back home pack my begs and head off to Ria’s place. I couldn’t wait to meet her and tell her everything. Telling everything was not a very happy story but still the fact that she wanted to listen made me happy.

My cell phone beeped with a message which read “Really? And what happened to punctuality? No you are staying over. Love, R.” I was already an hour late and it was going to take me 15 minutes more.

After the dinner when Ria and I had settled on the couch we started talking and after the customary how is work and everything she asked “So what is it about Trisha that you wanted to tell me? How come she is all broke now?”

“Ria, Recession and a lot of other things hit Trisha. She has a daughter who is barely 7 months old.”

“What? When did she get married? You never told me she was married.”

“She got married right after graduation when she was in the States studying MBA. Remember I told you about her boyfriend?”

Ria nodded.

“Well it so happens she got married to him and never told anyone. He was her business partner. Well, Ria it so happens that her daughter has a disease. A deadly disease that you are well aware of Thalassemia. Look Ria she has tried every possible doctor in the US and none of them have a cure for the disease. I know your mother is a doctor and she went for a conference in Russia and has a clue about the people who are doing a research on this disease. Would it be possible that you give the number to Trisha? It would more than useful to her. “

“One minute, she couldn’t call me up and ask for the number herself? She sent you?”

“No no! Ria no way. She has no clue that I have come to you for help. She is presently in India with James and her daughter. Please Ria she is just a little baby. Please put all this aside and think about the life of that child. It is not the time to keep teenage issues alive.”


Ria was looking at the mirror the whole time that I was talking. She kept looking at it for almost an eternity and then spoke. The words that came out of her mouth were the most precious words ever. She said, “Lets go mom must be awake we will take the number from her now and go and visit Trisha tomorrow itself.”


By the time Trisha’s mom found the number it was almost 12 30 in the night.

“Oh! I can’t wait to go to Trisha tomorrow and give this number. I can just picture her smile.”

“Ananyaa, I would like to come with you and visit her. I want to meet her. IF am putting all this aside I want her to put it aside as well.”

If giving the number was going to earn her a ticket to heaven, this was going to give her the throne of god.


“Yes! We will leave for her house first thing tomorrow morning.”


To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment